Calling sendmail from Oracle8

From: Jpmakar <jpmakar_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Jul 1998 01:41:19 GMT

I am trying to include email as part of my exception handling process in stored procs. I have 99% of it working. I wrote a dll, defined it as an external proc, got the listener started, have the OracleExternalProcAgent service running on the NT server, defined the external package, and can talk to the function within the dll, no problemo. In the dll I do a CreateProcess(sendmail) and get a TRUE reponse back from the call. Just one problem. No mail comes out. I wrote a little delphi app that I installed on the NT server that doesn't do anything but call the dll and it finds the dll and runs it fine and I get email, so I think all of the MS Exchange stuff is set up correctly. What I think is happening is that sendmail is a console app (I think), and since the dll is being called from a service - the ExtProcAgent - it doesn't know what to do with the console messages. I know I can get to the dll, because I have passed all manner of status messages back and forth from the PL/SQL and the dll, and I know that I execute the CreateProcess call and that it comes back TRUE. Just no email. Received on Thu Jul 23 1998 - 20:41:19 CDT