Re: HELP! OWAS 3.0 with Oracle 8 "The request did not specify a valid virtual host"

From: Brian Wooldridge <bkw_at_iquest.net>
Date: 23 Jul 1998 19:50:56 GMT

In article <6p4hp3$ct7$1_at_news2.xs4all.nl>, Dave Apple <pippin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
>This is the only result I get when trying to ping or connect to
>http://machine.domain:port

We got this too. We don't use DNS, and the maching.domain wasn't known to out client workstations. We couldn't ping machine.domain, but we could ping machine. (Something about the IP broadcast reaching the host on the local subnet, but not knowing where to go when domain was specified, I'm not really a network knowlegeable guy.)

Anyway, we just went into the listener admin page, under addresses and ports, and made an entry just like the existing one, except specify only the machine, not the machine.domain.

Hope that helps.

  / __ \ | /| / / Brian Wooldridge /

 / /_/ / |/ |/ / bkw_at_iquest.net /