Re: COULD NOT RESOLVE SID

From: Krishnan Ranganathan <krishnan_at_cdgpd.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:33:11 -0700

Hi,

Check whether your listener is running. If it is running check whtether you have an entry for the database you are trying to connect to. .

lsnrctl80 status ....

If the listener is running, check whether you have the right entry in tnsnames.ora.
The best way to try is using tnsping80 oracle_sid or tnsping oracle_sid. If you get an OK, then you are in business, else check your entry in tnsnames.ora.

Hope that helps
Krishnan