Re: Why: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

From: <klau_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 07:47:04 GMT

Ronald,

Can you describe more about the problem you are having? After you reboot your machine, if you type
  net start
at command prompt. Do you see services
  OracleService{SID}
  OracleTNSListener{SID}
listed?

  1. If they are listed, can you set ORACLE_SID={SID} and run svrmgr30 and connect to the database
  2. If they are not listed, can you start them net start OracleService{SID} net start OracleTNSListener{SID} and then try the case 1 above?

Ken

~~~~(__)|-< /-\(__ |__(-_ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Enabling the Information Age ~~~~~