ora-00911 or ora-00900 error on deferred parsing

From: Jerry <jdy_at_netlane.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:16:47 GMT

I have a UNIX C++ application that uses OCI calls to process SQL statements. When I try to change the defflg parameter in the oparse call from 0 (non-deferred parsing) to 1 (deferred parsing), it always generates either an ora-00911 (invalid character) or ora-00900 (invalid statement). It works without any problems before the change. When I change it back to non-deferred parsing, it continues to work without a hitch again. That is the only change I made, and I don't understand why it'll stop working. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

The SQL statements I wanted to parse and execute are:

BEGIN aa.bb (:var1, :var2, :var3); END;

above statement generates ora-00911

insert into tbl1 (col1) values ('test')

above statement generates ora-00900. Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 23:16:47 CDT