Help still sought with Personal Oracle 8 for Win95 & D2K

From: Jeremy Russell <jrinusa_at_gte.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:07:12 GMT

I've seen several threads describing just this problem - what I'd like is an unequivocal YES or NO to see if this combination actually does work at all. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to get Dev 2000 (Forms 4.x) to talk to a newly installed example Oracle8 database on my Win95 PC. I can get SQL*Plus 8 to create accounts and create / populate tables within the schema of the account.

I cannot get Developer 2000 to connect to the database properly; the messages I get vary between the following two:

ORA-3121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

and

ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

Any clues as to why and how to fix this would be most welcome.

TIA Jeremy Received on Wed Jul 22 1998 - 09:07:12 CDT