Re: Why: ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

From: Ronald Wong <spacew_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 00:42:26 +0800

Dear Tim Taylor,

I have similar problem too but more serious .... I found that the problem was due to the error when starting the instance. When I reboot the NT server, all instances are started. However, after a while, I checked the SERVICES and found that all of the OracleServiceSID were stopped .. (no STARTED message was shown).

Do you know what happens? I have tried to start the service manually but still failed. Whenever I connect to the database, the application returns error message "ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination".

BTW, I am using NT Oracle Server 8.0.3.0.0 ...

Thanks a lot.

Ronald

Tim Taylor ¼¶¼g©ó¤å³¹ <35B4B111.E3EB01DE_at_us.oracle.com>...