Re: how to drop a private database link ?

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:30:07 +0200

Jean-Luc Martou escribió:
> =

> I'm sys or system.
> =

> I want to drop a private database link from an other user.
> =

> Is it possible ? If yes, how ?
> =

> Example : user 'scott' create a private dabase link 'data1' like that :=

> =

> create database link data1 connect to user1 identified by user1 using
> 'data1.world' ;
> =

> I don't knwon the password of scott, but I want to drop his private
> link.

Well you could try:

select password from dba_users where username = 'scott';

it returns, for instance:

8D24674203E25000

alter user scott identified by temp;

connect scott/temp;

drop database link data1.world;

connect system/<password>

alter user scott identified by values '8D24674203E25000';

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 05:30:07 CDT