Re: Newbie Question on Function

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: 20 Jul 1998 21:11:22 -0400

Try:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION DEPID2
RETURN NUMBER IS
   A_INT NUMBER(10,0) ;
BEGIN
   select DEPTID_SEQ.nextval
   into A_INT
   from dual;
   Return(A_INT) ;
END DEPID2 ; You don't need the schema owner because you're compiling it in the schema that owns the sequence object. You need to select the sequence.nextval *from* some table.
--
- Dan Clamage
http://www.telerama.com/~dclamage

Eric Jodoin <ejodoin_at_inetex.com> wrote in article <35b3d3b4.0_at_204.239.181.11>...