ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

From: <larionov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:19:35 GMT

Dear members of the NG!

I have a very strange problem.
I am using oracle jdbc driver to connect to Oracle8 database.

Once in a while I am getting the error: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column.

But I am sure all the values I put are WITHIN the ranges. When I do the same query in SQL*Plus no error is reported.

Is this a known problem with jdbc driver?

Anyway, is there a way to find out what column causes an error.

Thank you!

Michael.