This year vs Last year queries

From: Kevin Skaalrud <kevin_skaalrud_at_neptune.serca.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:50:12 -0700

I suspect this is the wrong group for this but here goes.

We have oracle 7.3x running (but I suspect this is a generic SQL question)

I need to do this year vs last year queries. I can't do it with outer joins because either some of this year or some of last year (new sales or last sales) will not show up (left or right outer joins)

I don't think I can use cursors because I can only issue one request to return a table of rows that include both this year and last year data, i.e.:

Custno, desc, TY sales, LY sales, Diff Sales etc.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Skaalrud Received on Mon Jul 20 1998 - 13:50:12 CDT