Re: Shutdown taking days

From: Nebojsa Petrovic <nebacar_at_eunet.yu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:54:29 +0200

Hi,
first sorry for my english.

Try first shutdown Oracle db from Oracle server manager, listener and other process which you started before ( maybe the Intelligent Agent, etc). If you can't stop db or respond time is abnormaly long, Oracle server makes problem (maybe rollback something)
If you stopped db regulary then from task manager (NT server) look for any oracle process stay active on server and kill them manualy.

Then try shutdown the NT server normal. If all be OK then Oracle makes problems (actualy some process which stay active). If not OK NT server makes problems.