Re: EBU Online Backup with Compressed Archived Redo Logs

From: Harris Hudson <harris_at_katmandu.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:18:55 +1100

Rob,

If you are using a SVR4 platform, you
may be interested in trying La Cumbre Backup. It can compress and transfer your archived redo logs to your remote standby site with validation. Also, you can set arbitrary thresholds on the number of logs to leave on both the production and standby hosts. It can also refresh and rollforward your standby database.

You will need to have a httpd server (eg OWS) on your production machine. Trial software can be downloaded from;

        http://www.katmandu.org/

Harris Hudson
La Cumbre Consulting