Re: Listener.ora and TNS_ADMIN

From: JHY <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 21:30:25 -0400

I think TNS_ADMIN is only used on the client side. I don't think it's used to find LISTENER.ORA. I believe the LISTENER.ORA file must reside in the <ORACLE_HOME>\network\admin directory.

Why are you bothering anyhow? Unless you have multiple versions of oracle you should only need one set of LISTENER.ORA, SQLNET.ORA files etc on your server. Everytime you create a new instance on your server, just edit the LISTENER.ORA file and add a new entry for it.