orapwd

From: Scott Patterson <scott.patterson_at_trilogy.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:45:44 -0700

I must be missing some thing easy but I am just not seeing it. I am trying to change the internal password.

The database (oracle 7.3.4) is on a DEC Alpha running OSF/1 v.4.0F

orapwd creates the password file but the instance obviously is not using it. I did see that on DEC UNIX the file was supposed to be in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs and have the name orapw<sid> (which is not the original file name I tried).

The command I used is
orapwd file=/oracle7/app/oracle/product/7.3.4/dbs/orapwora7 password=newpassword entries=20

ORACLE_HOME is
/oracle7/app/oracle/product/7.3.4

ORACLE_SID is ora7

I stop and start the instance, but the internal password is not changed.

Anyone see what I am missing?

Scott Received on Sat Jul 18 1998 - 12:45:44 CDT