Re: Credit Card authentication software, Oracle8, Solaris2.6, Web Application Server

From: <mikihasa_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:41:10 GMT

In article <35af4199.256481730_at_news.u-net.com>,   russ_at_u-net.net (Russell Fray) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are going to be providing an on-line joining service for our
> company via a web based interface, and obviously wish to verify credit
> card information.
>
> Rather than just use basic checksum verification, I have heard of
> services that, via a web based or tcp/ip connection, will physically
> verify a credit card number and ensure that it's not stolen, has the
> correct name and address/expiry date, etc. Does anybody know of such
> a service (in the uk) for this?
>
> Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net

Russell,

We have an executable written by Tom Boutell that can be used in conjunction with our processing network to clear credit cards. Please have a look at our site for more information:

    http://www.processing.net

I am assuming that you are wanting to actually charge the cards and not just numerically validate that the credit card number conforms to the appropriate standards for numbering.

Please contact me for more information if you like. I am always available.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Harper
michael_at_processing.net
http://www.processing.net