Problem with Oracle Enterprise Backup Manager

From: <bmennell_at_bftl.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:26:42 GMT

I am trying to set up the Oracle Enterprise Backup Manager (ver. 8.03) to perform an on-line backup of my database. I selected the Operating System Backup and then I used the Backup Tablespace Wizzard to select the tablespaces and to schedule the backup. I tried to perform a backup immediately and then schedule for some time later. In both situtations the backup process was submitted to OracleAgent but then fails. When I checked the status of the process in the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console, I found out that the process was submitted and waited for confirmation from the OracleAgent and then after some time failed to suceed.

Has anyone has similar problems? Do I need to set up the OracleAgent for the backup?