Table Replication in Oracle7332

From: Kamal Mustapha <camain_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/07/17

Hi all!

What is the best way to replicate 15 tables (approx. 5000 rows) to 14 site Oracle Servers so that they would syncronize wiht the central Oracle Server?

We have tried using links but we found that they are unreliable; The links have to be continously updated.

We have also tried exporting the dmp and importing it back to 14 site servers but we faced a problems when the network connection is bad; If in the middle of importing the dmp the network goes down, Imp73 would just hang until it is killed.

So we resolved to copying the dmp to all 14 sites and schedule Imp73 to run locally (ensuring no network errors).

Does anybody has a better idea how to do this replication?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Kamal Mustapha, MCP Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT