oracle context option used in webapplications

From: Ronald Doelen <ronald.doelen_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:19:15 +0200

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the Oracle ConText option. Does it works as well as Oracle claims. How well does it integrate with the oracle tools. What impact does the Oracle ConText option have on the database. How much maintenance is required.

Background:

We work with an Oracle 7.3.4.0 database. We generate (100 %) web-modules with designer 1.3. We use the Oracle web-server 3.0.1.0.1.

We think we need Oracle context to search through in column in witch the end-user will define a categorie
The like operator with the % % option is too slow for this.

Suggestions for other third party solutions are welcome.

Thanks

Ronald Doelen Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 09:19:15 CDT