Re: Connecting to Personal Oracle

From: Richard Hennessy <c-hennessyr_at_mail.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:31:26 +0100

Hi Carlos

To connect via TCP/IP you must install the SQL*Net software from the CD and configure LISTENERS.ORA to listen on 127.0.0.1 and (e.g.) port 1521.
Start the listener by starting LSNRCTL in a DOS box.

I have never used Developer 2000 but, judging by other postings to this newsgroup
it will work with Personal Oracle 7.

regards

Richard Hennessy