Re: Dev2000 and Personal Oracle 7 (win95)

From: <bfrooney_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/07/16

You'll need SqlNet to connect to a remote Oracle database running on a Windows NT or Unix box. You can run Developer 2000 apps with PO7. Start up PO7, then try to connect using the "out of the box" username password scott/tiger via forms or reports. PO7 running locally on the same machine does not require SqlNet. My understanding is that you do need sqlnet to connect to the server product, regardless of where it's running.