EBU Online Backup with Compressed Archived Redo Logs

From: Rob Forster <forstr_at_tdbank.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:14:00 GMT

We have an interesting problem. We have a script that automatically compresses archived redo logs as soon as they are written to LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST. Because of this script, when EBU looks for LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT, it can't seem to backup the necessary logs that are needed as part of the backup cycle.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully implemented an EBU OBACKUP script that can get around this problem? So far, the generic scripts accompanying the Oracle docs, aren't very helpful.

BTW, we compress our redo logs beacuse they're rcp'd to a remote hot standby server, so we'd like to keep this feature, to cut down on transmission time.

Thanks,
Rob. Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 11:14:00 CDT