Instance Manager: SYS Login

From: <bmennell_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:49:07 GMT

Problem in logging in as SYS with SYSDBA or SYSOPER role in the Oracle Instance Manager.

I tried to connect to the Oracle Instance Manager using the SYS account as SYSDBA or SYSOPER but Oracle doesn't accept it. I got an error message ORA-1031 : insufficient privileges. I have tested the system privileges of the SYS account in the Oracle Security Manager and I found that the SYS account has the SYSOPER and SYSDBA privileges. Furthermore, there is no problem to connect with SYS as NORMAL. I haven't changed the default password of the SYS account.

Has anybody got any solution to the problem?