Re: Advanced Replication Question

From: Benjamin Zhang <bzhang_at_ei.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:39:42 -0400

Hi Frank,

I understand your frustration. But take a look at this situation:

Two servers are in different time zone. If you pass the DML over, you will get different results. Actually, you case may be alright. But thinking of (sysdate - 10/86400) you may be in trouble. Also, if you use DML, you can not find out if the rows you deleted are the same on both servers. In replication, Oracle
sends Old images over in deleting and make sure they match on both side. And could
have other reasons Oracle selected use the stupid but safer way.

ben