Re: Import / Export Problem

From: Susan Dillon <dillon_at_expert.cc.purdue.edu>
Date: 16 Jul 1998 14:00:02 GMT

I tried to recompile these objects and I get the following error:

Warning: View altered with compilation errors.

I also tried to re-import the data with ROWS=N and had no luck with resolving these create force views problem.

I do not know much about sql or oracle, but I believe the problem has something to do with the schema. I think the create views are trying to reference the old database name and cannot find it. Is there a way that I can modify the oracle dump file to replace the user A name to user B? For example I would like to modify every reference of "colonial_content" to "doral_content", and I tried doing this with SED & VI but I think the lines in the dump file are to long therefore the dump file becomes corrupt.

Thanks in Advance,
Kevin

P.S. Please email me at kevin.p.dillon_at_cstar.ac.com

JHY (jhy_at_earthling.net) wrote:
: That error is a warning and indicates that the view is referencing some invalid objects in the database. This is not as bad
: as it sounds. After the import, look for any invalid objects and try to recompile them:

: select object_name, object_type, from user_objects where status <> 'VALID';

: alter <object_type> <object_name> compile;

: example: alter procedure foo compile;

: Another thing you can try is to import a second time using the ROWS=N option. The second pass will re-import all your views,
: grants and stuff without doubling up the rows in your tables. There's a good chance that the second import will go through
: fine.

: HTH
SQL> alter view ACD_CONFIGURATION_RP compile;

Warning: View altered with compilation errors. Received on Thu Jul 16 1998 - 09:00:02 CDT