Re: Last Oracle version that "included" rpt/rpf?

From: <iolo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/07/15

In article <35ABB9DC.CDD3C76D_at_ornl.com>,   Steve Howard <o6h_at_ornl.com> wrote:
> Anyone with experiences moving to 7.3.4? Need to do this and can't get
> any answers from Oracle.
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

we're using rpt version 1.1.10.3.1
The sqlplus version is 3.1.3.2.1

Both are dated 1992

In any case rpt/rpf still works with 7.3.4

What we do is simulate a C/S setup where the client is a UNIX machine on which the old programs sit (FORMS 3, rpt etc.) and connect to the database server running 7.3.4 via Sqlnet2

HTH

--
Oliver Willandsen
European Commission

All remarks are my own and do not necessarily reflect
official European Commission policy