Re: Question - Cause of DATA BLOCK Corruption?

From: James Yorton <jjy_at_typhoon.xnet.com>
Date: 1998/07/15

In comp.databases.oracle.misc "John P. Higgins" <jh33378_at_deere.com> writes:
: You said Oracle's directories are NFS mounted -- did this include the
: corrupted file?
:
: We NFS mounted data files on a development system some years back. Worked
: fine until one day corruption happened. That was when I found out the
: Oracle does not support this!
:

Sorry.

I should clarify: The files reside on the same machine as the RDBMS. That is, no NFS to access any Oracle data files.

However, the directories themselves are exported so that other machines can "see" them. But our application only talks to the DB via Pro*C code which then uses the files. That aspect is local. I believe this probably isn't a problem, right?

So the real question is: Is there a problem with exporting filesystems even if the .dbf files are not touched that way?

Jim Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT