Re: Import / Export Problem

From: JHY <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:56:32 -0400

That error is a warning and indicates that the view is referencing some invalid objects in the database. This is not as bad as it sounds. After the import, look for any invalid objects and try to recompile them:

select object_name, object_type, from user_objects where status <> 'VALID';

alter <object_type> <object_name> compile;

example: alter procedure foo compile;

Another thing you can try is to import a second time using the ROWS=N option. The second pass will re-import all your views, grants and stuff without doubling up the rows in your tables. There's a good chance that the second import will go through fine.