Re: max data files

From: Oracle DBA <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:13:08 -0400

Steve Raftery wrote:

> Thanks in advance.
>
> I am trying to change a parameter
> db_files=20
>
> I know this parameter is read at initialization time from the init.ora
> file. I can modify it there. It also exists in the v$parameter view.
> Is it possible to modify this parameter while the database is running?
>
> Another question is , if this parameter is set high, like 100 , would
> this effect the database performance in any way?
>
> Thanks again
>
> --
> Steve Raftery
>
> Webvision
> 19950 Mariner Avenue
> Torrance, CA 90503
> www.webvision.com

What are you trying to modify:

  1. db_files
  2. MAXDATAFILES
If it is db_files you can do that by simply adding the line to the init<sid>.ora
and bouncing the database. If it is MACDATAFILES then you will need to rebuild
the control file. Your title states one and messages states another so it is
not clear which you want to change. Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 21:13:08 CDT