Multi-processor in Oracle8 database server under Windows NT

From: Ronald Wong <spacew_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:25:42 +0800

Hi,

We are going to install an Oracle8 database server under NT in a single multi-processor computer system (Dual Pentium II). Would someone kindly to answer the following questions that are related to Oracle8 in a multi-processor system?

  1. Do I have to use Oracle Parallel Server so as to enable parallel execution in the computer?
  2. Are there any system parameters in the Oracle8 server that are related to multi-processor? Or what I have to do is to tune the system parameters such as OPTIMIZER_PERCENT_PARALLEL, PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS, etc... according to the manual?

Many thanks!

Ronald Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 11:25:42 CDT