Re: To use Netware or not ???

From: Bert Scalzo <bscalz01_at_7-11.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:07:07 -0500

Robert,

NOT. I have used Oracle on Netware on four occassions. In each case, performance was a problem (especially where the db server was the file/print server as well). In one case, we switched our dual pentium 90 with 80 megs ram from netware to unixware. We went from poor performance (i.e. 90-100% CPU utilization and long run times) to great performance (i.e. 15-25% CPU utilization and quick run times). No hardware changes were made -- just an OS switch. I have had the same experience with NT vs. Netware as well. My point is that Oracle and Netware have neve mixed well (in my experience)...

Bert Scalzo
DBA
EDS Received on Wed Jul 15 1998 - 09:07:07 CDT