Re: Web server 2.1 - determining the browser

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:58:01 GMT

A copy of this was sent to bdemske_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:37:40 GMT, you wrote:

>Hello, We are using Oracle web server 2.1 to allow users to access our
>database from the web . The problem is that we use quite a bit of JavaScript
>and so I would like to be able to tell which browser the user is using to
>determine what script to give them. Right now, I'm using JavaScript to
>determine the browser and that works but it spews forth some ugly and
>cumbersome code that looks like it will be a nightmare to maintain so if
>anybody knows how to get the browser type and execute different htp
>statements based on that, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Bruce Demske
>bdemske_at_infosolutions.com

owa_util.get_cgi_env( 'HTTP_USER_AGENT' ) will return the browser type...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 19:58:01 CDT