Re: OCI application-Procedure problem...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:56:28 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Jacques Sireude" <sireude_at_eiffel.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:53:45 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi,
> I would like to do so:
>
>sql_statement= "create procedure (name VARCHAR2, tmp_row DB_BOOK%rowtype) as
>begin select * into tmp_row from DB_BOOK where AUTHOR = name; end;";
>
>then:
>
>oparse (&cda, sql_statement...)
>
>then
>
>odescr, odefin with the same CDA.
>
>then oexec (&cda).
>
>Everything is working fine...
>But when I want to execute the procedure:
>
>sql_statement="execute DB_BOOK_PROC ('sireude', tmp_row)"
>then
>oparse, odescr, odefin, oexec... In fact I do not know how to do...

execute is a SQLPlus/svrmgrl shortcut for:

BEGIN db_book_proc( '......' ); END;

You need to make an anonymous block and execute it, not using the word execute (which is only meaningful in plus and server manager...)

>Thanks for any help... and sorry if it is not clear enough...
>
>Jacques.
>----------------
>Jacques SIREUDE
>6585 PICASSO Rd Apt#3
>ISLA VISTA CA 93117
>USA
>tel/fax: 1-805-685-9208
>e-mail: sireude_at_eiffel.com
> jacques.sireude_at_enst-bretagne.fr
>http://www-eleves.enst-bretagne.fr/~sireude

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 19:56:28 CDT