Web server 2.1 - determining the browser

From: <bdemske_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:37:40 GMT

Hello, We are using Oracle web server 2.1 to allow users to access our database from the web . The problem is that we use quite a bit of JavaScript and so I would like to be able to tell which browser the user is using to determine what script to give them. Right now, I'm using JavaScript to determine the browser and that works but it spews forth some ugly and cumbersome code that looks like it will be a nightmare to maintain so if anybody knows how to get the browser type and execute different htp statements based on that, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Bruce Demske bdemske_at_infosolutions.com