Re: three listeners, one for each instance ???

From: <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:13:36 GMT

I set up one listener listens to 2 instances on the same box on the same port. The 2 instances have different $ORACLE_HOME.

The way I do this is:
set up the tnsnames.ora for one of the instance and add the name with the SID of both the databases (check your doc in doing that, but remember to put the same port number on each on them).

Then edit the listener.ora file in one of the instance directory, for example,

LISTENER=
   (ADDRESS_LIST=

      (ADDRESS=
         (PROTOCOL=TCP)
         (HOST=<HOSTNAME>)
         (PORT=1521)
       )

    )

SID_LIST_LISTENER=
   (SID_LIST=

     (SID_DESC=

(SID_NAME=<SID1>)
(ORACLE_HOME=<ORACLE_HOME FOR SID1>)
) (SID_DESC=
(SID_NAME=<SID2>)
(ORACLE_HOME=<ORACLE_HOME FOR SID2>)
)

    )

Then you will have one listener listen to 2 instances on the same port.

i also tried to run one more listener to listen to these 2 instances without any success. So, if anyone know how to do it, please let me know.

Winnie Liu