Re: 2GB file size limit in Solaris?

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:49:16 -0500

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <35AA7A33.6B3989F3_at_ot.com>, tim_at_ot.com says...
> A company for whom I'm developing some applications on
> 7.3/NT just purchased a Sun Sparc which will eventually
> replace the NT box as the Oracle server. The vendor
> installing the Sun and setting up Oracle has claimed that
> there's a 2GB file size limit under Solaris? Is that so?

Hi Tim,

Yes there is but your database can be made up of as many files as you like. I worked on a Solaris based Oracle data base that was in excess of 2 terabytes.

Bob

--

Bob Withers              Do or do not, there is no try.
bwit_at_pobox.com                                  Yoda