Re: Multiple instances on one DB

From: Nebojsa Petrovic <nebacar_at_eunet.yu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 19:28:54 +0200

>1. Get some TRAINING.

    I create some databases on Windows NT4.0 and AIX, and start multiple db and coresponding instances only on NT4.0 (from instance manager or command line).

My problem is Oracle on AIX OS. I try start two instances on two db from server manager, but I get error message as I explain in previous message.

>2. Read the Oracle Manuals.

I read the oracle manuals: Oracle Server concepts, Oracle server administration, Oracle Parallel Server, Oracle server Tunuing... and try to find solving. I find about multiple instances but over one db, in manuals Oracle Parallel server. I spent hour and hour reading manuals.

>3. Look at the CREATE DATABASE statement (and all the
required background
>info. - start with the Oracle Concepts Manual) for creating
a new Oracle
>instance from scratch - which is why I mentioned point 1.
You can't just
>throw an instance together, get some good advice and
training and read up a
>bit before you start - it'll save you a lot of time.

I created those two db without any problems, of course.

If you know, tell me solution in a few word.

Thak you,

Nebojsa

nebacar_at_eunet.yu

MotoX wrote in message
<900314249.14838.0.nnrp-10.c2de712e_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
>1. Get some TRAINING.
>2. Read the Oracle Manuals.
>3. Look at the CREATE DATABASE statement (and all the
required background
>info. - start with the Oracle Concepts Manual) for creating
a new Oracle
>instance from scratch - which is why I mentioned point 1.
You can't just
>throw an instance together, get some good advice and
training and read up a
>bit before you start - it'll save you a lot of time.
>
>MotoX.
>
>Nebojsa Petrovic wrote in message

<6o8hvn$no8$1_at_SOLAIR2.EUnet.yu>...
>>Hello,
>>

>>I have Installed Oracle 7.3.2. on IBM unix (AIX) and I
have
>>two databases (oppm and tism) on one computer. I
configured
>>listener with two instances.
>>
>>I want create two instances, oppm and tism, one for each
>>database which will running together in the same time.
>>How can I do it?
>>

>>I start Server manager and connect as internal and startup
>>instance and open db oppm without any problems. After that
>>when I want create instance tism, Server manager respond
>>me that I must first shutdown oracle !?
>>

>>In book Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) I founded about one
>>database and multiple instance. But I don't want it. I
want