99.99% Oracle uptime possible?

From: <dejajason_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 17:59:39 GMT

        I'm researching creating an Oracle database solution with 99.99% uptime. To do this, I need fully independant servers with client transparent switch-over on a failure. The SQL/MQSeries client application exists already, so I would like to reduce re-programming as much as possible.

        I've been looking through some of the Oracle 8 products, and they make some great claims, but I would like to know if anyone has accomplished this kind of uptime and what products did you end up using?

        One possibility is going to an all Oracle application using the MQSeries procedural gateway, but I'm concerned about the single failure point of an Oracle connection manager. Is it possible to have transparent, and fast, Oracle connection failover across independent systems?
--

Jason Austin
austin_at_visi.net