Re: What else can USERENV() do?

From: UniSoft <oracle_at_unisoft.dp.ua>
Date: 13 Jul 1998 19:45:42 +0300

11-Jul-98 15:17 Thomas Kyte wrote:
<...>
:>
:>Userenv is documented in the sql language reference manual, chapter 3,
:>functions....
:>
:>USERENV
:>Syntax USERENV(option)
:>Returns information of VARCHAR2 datatype about the
:>current session. This information can be useful for writing
:>an application–specific audit trail table or for determining
:>the language–specific characters currently used by your
:>session. You cannot use USERENV in the condition of a
:>CHECK constraint. The argument option can have any of
:>these values:
:>
:>’OSDBA’
:>’LABEL’
:>’LANGUAGE’
:>’TERMINAL’
:>’SESSIONID’
:>’ENTRYID’
:>’CLIENT_INFO’
:>’LANG’
:>
:>(see the manual for their descriptions...)
:>
:>

I try to use userenv('terminal') to write which PC client modified the table. We use TCP/IP. BUT:
if I'm working with my own program (Delphi3,Windows95),   I see terminal='my_PC_name'. With Forms4.5 (ver 1.1) I see "Windows PC"   for all clients. And my program on other PC shows "Windows 95". Why?

Thanks,
  Eugene Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 11:45:42 CDT