Re: Shutting down in archivelog mode.

From: Matthew Arrocha <marrocha_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:54:05 GMT

I agree. Where does Oracle support recommend highly that immediate not used. Any database running an Oracle Intelligent agent would have to use immediate unless they shutdown the dbsnmp process 1st or dbsnmp will always be connected to the instance and a normal shutdown would never occur awaiting dbsnmp to disconnect.

Matt-

David Schweisguth <davids_at_tracy.pangeasystems.com> wrote in article <6o5bcu$gbs$3_at_pornstorm.geo.net>...
> Mike (mike_at_flipag.net) wrote:
> : Oracle support does highly recommed NOT doing an immediate shutdown if
you
> : are going to do an export as this can lead to imports failing... I
always do
> : shutdown immediate and then right away do a statup, then plain
shutdown...

> Could you provide a reference on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --