Re: Backup on Raw device

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:06:41 +0100

The 'free' tool with most UNIX systems is 'dd'. You can pull raw partitions back to files and back them up with your normal backup tools, or dd direct to tape. Having said all that, a number of backup products out there in the marketplace can backup raw partitions directly - I'd use a good backup product over dd any day.

Without knowing anything about the Oracle release you are on or your platform it's hard to be more specific.

MotoX.