Oracle 8 and Developer/2000

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 12 Jul 1998 18:24:40 GMT

Hi Kelvin:

Yes, I know it is very frustrated as the installation sequence is not documented. Based on my experience by installing and deinstalling the Oracle Web Server Developer Suite, I feel comfortable to install the products in the following sequence as I did't recieve any error messages

  1. install the Oracle Web Server v3.0.1.
  2. install Oracle 8.0.4.
  3. install Developer/2000 v2.1 (Server and Client).
  4. install Designer/2000 v2.1.

For Developer/2000 (Server and Client). In the Server level installation You may install the Developer/2000 Server later. But in the Client level installation, you have to install the Developer/2000 before install the Designer/2000.

I don't know much about Developer/2000 v3. If it is a beta version, you can't expect too much. I have given up to install the JDeveloper Suite as it is a very new product and I have difficulty to seek help from Oracle support.

Best regards,