Re: Managing Job Queues

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 11:44:00 -0700

You should check for the background_dump_dest and user_dump_dest parameter in your initSID.ora file. Oracle writes the trace files generate by the background process and server process to the background_dump_dest and the errors of the user process to the user_dump_dest. Check for the alert.log file to see what kind of error (or which background process encountered the error) and then look for the trace file. The file name should be something like SMON<####>.trc (not very sure about the format... but should include the background process name in it)

Winnie Liu