Re: TCP/IP Port for the listener

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 12 Jul 1998 13:38:22 GMT

Hi all:

If I need to run both Net8 and SQL*Net2.3 in the same machine, shall I have to use different ports?

I have tried in NT4.0. I can't start the services listener SQLNet*2.3 and Net8 at the same time.

Best regards,

Jeff Kayser (jkayser_at_teleport.com) wrote: : I think a listener can only listen on one port. You can have multiple : listeners running on the same machine...

: Jeff Kayser
: Database Doctor, Inc.

: dov_shnaider_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

: > Hi, Is there a way to make the listener listen on two different TCP/IP port
: > for two different instances (SID) installed on the same machine ? ( so each
: > instance will have a port for itself )