Non-Oracle host data into Oracle

From: Don <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 05:14:39 GMT

If we elect not to use one of the Oracle SQL*NET based host connectivity options, is there any other way to get data into Oracle other than via SQL*LOADER?

The requirement is for a real time interface to an AS/400 application, but Mr. Moneybags does not want top spend the $18,000 for the Transparent Gateway. Oracle is running on a SUN box.

It looks like I'm going to be stuck with a flat file transfer from the AS/400 and then a cron job that will fire off the SQL*LOADER every 60 seconds.

Other ideas are certainly welcome!

Don Received on Sun Jul 12 1998 - 00:14:39 CDT