Re: ORA-1513 Error Code

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:38:40 GMT

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:58:55 GMT, vkotaru_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>My Oracle 7 server has developed a sudden problem.
>It fails to startup displaying the following error diagnostic:
>
>ORA-1513
>Cannot Starup Oracle 7 Instance
>
>Could someone point me to a source that translates Oracle 7
>error codes to textual error messages.

There's an Oracle Messages Manual. It should be on the distribution cd-rom. I have the Oracle8 Messages Manual w/me. Here's what it says about your error:

ORA-01513: invalid current time returned by operating system

Cause: The operating system returned a time that was not between the years 1988 and 2121.

Action: Correct the time kept by the operating system. Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 23:38:40 CDT