Re: how to configure two Oracle Instance in Listener.ora

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 04:37:25 GMT

On 11 Jul 1998 03:37:22 GMT, "Jeon,HongGyun" <dicvirus_at_doosan.com> wrote:

>thanks for reading.
>i have a two oracel database.
>and, two Window Nt Service.
>but, i can't connect to second database.
>how to configure listener.ora? i think that's question.
>i would appreciate it in advance.

In your LISTENER.ORA file, you should have an entry named SID_LIST. It probably just shows one SID, that being the one for the default database. You need to add your second SID to the list. I don't have a listener.ora file handy to look at, or I'd post an example. The syntax isn't too hard to figure out, just watch the parens closely.

You also should update your TNSNAMES.ORA file, and add an entry for the new SID there as well. Here's an entry for a database that we connect to using TCP/IP. Some people also connect via SPX:

pine.world=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST =(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY= TCP.world)(Host = 10.11.41.85)(PROTOCOL= TCP)(Port= 1521))(ADDRESS=(COMMUNITY= SPX.world)(PROTOCOL= SPX)(Service=
pma0781d00_lsnr)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=PINE)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))

Jonathan Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 23:37:25 CDT