Multiple instances on one DB

From: Nebojsa Petrovic <nebacar_at_eunet.yu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 22:16:28 +0200

Hello,

I have Installed Oracle 7.3.2. on IBM unix (AIX) and I have two databases (oppm and tism) on one computer. I configured listener with two instances.

I want create two instances, oppm and tism, one for each database which will running together in the same time. How can I do it?

I start Server manager and connect as internal and startup instance and open db oppm without any problems. After that when I want create instance tism, Server manager respond to me that I must first shutdown oracle !?

In book Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) I founded about one database and multiple instance. But I don't want it. I want one instance on one database but more databases on one Oracle.

Thanks, Nebojsa

nebacar_at_eunet.yu Received on Sat Jul 11 1998 - 15:16:28 CDT