Re: how to store time with milliseconds in Oracle ?

From: Hayden Worthington, Inc. <hayden_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 03:03:26 -0400

Alain,

> I have to store time HH:MM:SS + milliseconds in Oracle.
> Is there an easy way to do this ? No date format seems to support that.

 I dont have my reference book handy but I do know what we did on a  previous project where we needed a 'millisecond' on the timestamp.

 We created a timestamp field and made use of the HSEC value from  sys.v$timer. However, for public apps we had to grant them select  priv's on the view for this to work.

 Not sure if this will work in your application but I thought I'd  throw in my comments.

 Much Success,

 Allen Hayden
 Senior Partner

Hayden Worthington, Inc.       Oracle Performance Tuning
5696 Peachtree Parkway         http://hayden.home.mindspring.com

Atlanta, Georgia 30092         White Papers, Scripts, etc.