T0_DATE() question

From: Matt Naish <mattn_at_ecricanada.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 13:47:44 -0700

Probably a simple question but how do I make TO_DATE round days if out of range.

What I mean is a date entered as Feb 31, 1998 will be stored as March 3, 1998.

I have had worked a little bit with oracle before and the above was the default behaviour.

Actually any type of rounding would be fine (just so I avoid an error) say for example Feb 31, 1998 becomes Feb 28, 1998.

Thanx in advance,
Matt Received on Fri Jul 10 1998 - 15:47:44 CDT